Production Blog: Practicing My Editing Skills

I am glad to say that my group and I are soon to be on the editing stage of our production period. I have much experience editing from last year. I hope to see my progress and development in this class through my editing skills. Lili was the first person to introduce us to CapCut. It was the best app ever to edit our scene together and adjust anything we desired. I love editing since you can literally fix any errors and make the film spectacular. Last year, with the three projects that we had, I saw improvements with each one throughout the year. I definitely feel that our last film last year was the best editing wise. Now with this bigger assignment, I want to show those skills even more and impress the audience. With CapCut, I hope to accomplish these goals and persevere in media studies. Additionally,  I have been practicing on my techniques outside of the classroom. When I go out to travel, I experiment with various shots and angles depending on the view. Also, I have tried different filters based on tones and the ambience that the background is giving. On this 5-minute film, I will give it my experience and knowledge to make an amazing movie. I will also have to discuss with my teammates on certain features that partake in editing the film. This will include lighting, cuts, and transitions. The transitions are the trickiest part for me, because I don’t know if they look pleasing to the eye. I feel like they really determine the flow of the different shots which is a big factor in the attention of the audience. If it looks choppy, the viewer will not enjoy watching the messy film. Therefore, I want to ensure that I make it flow and make sense with what is occurring in each scene. I will do this with the help of my friends and asking for their opinions, as well as my group mates.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Task

Production Blog: Night Out

Title Research: The Dead Zone