Production Blog: Editing Sound

My group and I have had to make many changes to the way we produced sound in our films. I found that the sound last year for our films were decent but I feel we can make it slightly better. We found it in one of our previous projects that we used voiceovers that sounded horrible. The sound did not go with the movement of our lips and made the film look tacky. Therefore, I gave the idea to my group mates to try to use Air Pods for better grasp of the voice during filming. This method extremely improved the sound in our film. My group and I would listen to the audio without the Air Pods in order to make sure it sounded better with than without. I feel it greatly enhanced the quality of my short film. I will continue to use this whenever I have a film to produce. To continue, my group and I have not thought a lot about the music but  as we continue to discuss it we realized we do not want copyrighted sound. Instead, we are choosing to use ambient sound where it’s just background noise. We will also add tense music to set the sensation of mystery. We hope to have our audience on their toes with the music. This will be a creepy, slow-paced audio that is royalty free music. Additionally, my group and I have worried about our voices and lines being unclear. From last year, our voices sounded a bit distorted and shaky but I feel like we have bettered that this year. With the Air Pods plus extra knowledge in this area, we have most definitely improved our sound. While I was filming I noticed that you could barely hear the characters speaking. I told my group and they spoke a bit louder even though we were in public. This made the audio much clearer and comprehensible. Overall, I think the progress in our sound will show throughout my short film.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Task

Production Blog: Night Out

Title Research: The Dead Zone